Tuesday 14 September 2010

On ya bike!

Wednesday the 1st was a late morning for me. After running around Nottingham all day on Tuesday and the excitement of the steam trains on Monday I was a little bit tired. So I had an epic sleep in!
After doing some laundry and a few chores here and there (Hilary is getting paranoid because things get done by one of us kids and she doesn’t know who to thank because we all deny it!) I decided to go for a bike ride.
Draycote Water is a reservoir about 4 miles from Bilton. It is a well sized reservoir at about 5 miles in circumference. I packed my lunch and hit the road, slowly finding my way there. It was a nice ride with a big hill towards the end to encourage you further. The reservoir entrance is surrounded by a nice big grassy area that is very popular during the summer.
I spent a couple of hours riding around the place and having some lunch as well. I was hunting some wascally wabbits that I scared into the bushes but gave up in the end.
As I was leaving the park gates my handlebars started to come loose from the steering column a little bit. I managed to tighten it (I thought) and continued the long journey very carefully. 5 minutes later and the handlebars came completely free of the bike!
So I started walking my bike the 4 MILES back home…what fun. I stopped at a servo along the way to ask for an Allen Key (there were no IKEAs close by) but they didn’t have anything. So being a somewhat rational person I thought I would ask the car mechanic next door to the servo for an Allen Key. I went in and asked the guy at reception who promptly replied saying, sorry we’re all locked up and everyone’s gone home…interesting when 2 of the 3 garage doors were open with cars sitting half way in and tools lying around in the workshop. And as I walked out the door the other mechanic hopped out of a car and walked into the workshop.
I wasn’t impressed. Needless to say: DON’T EVER BUY A CAR FROM DUNCHURCH MOTORS! EVER!!
The day was worthwhile in the end though…when I finally got home Martin got his segue out and we tore up the backyard for a bit.







No comments:

Post a Comment