Sunday 6 February 2011

Euro Trip Day #5: Geneva, Switzerland/Ornex, France

Saturday 18th December
Watches, chocolate and neutrality greeted me as I arrived into Geneva airport. I was heartbroken when there were no customs officers to stamp my passport – it is my mission to get as many pages stamped as possible. Not even crossing the Swiss/French border a doezn times a day warranted any sort of passport check. I could have gotten away with anything!!!
Calum picked me up at the airport and drove me back to his place just outside Geneva in a town called Ornex, just over the French border. The views are incredible! Mountains everywhere you look. On a clear day you can see Mount Blanc and the Swiss Alps…absolutely breath taking!
We spent the morning fixing Calum’s car after he had an “incident” involving hand braking and snowy roads…Andrew would have been impressed. We checked out the town of Ferney Voltaire, home of the great writer Voltaire, and relaxed in the cafĂ© his step-brothers worked at. Very European of us!
In the afternoon we headed back into Geneva to check out the sights around the city. More spectacular views! Eventually it became time to pick up the girls from the airport, which we did in style with Calum in a monkey costume holding a sign for the girls like a chauffeur. We could have started charging for photos with kids there were that many people stopping us. They arrived and after much embarrassment we headed home for the evening!

Landing in Geneva




Calum's house




Mountains everywhere!







Candle lighting ceremony




No comments:

Post a Comment