Friday 20 August 2010

Do you know the Muffin Man?

On Thursday I took the bus into the Rugby Town Centre to check out the area. Turns out it is just a built up version of Wynnum...but with fewer Op Shops! The main mall section had a couple of the well known English chains like Marks & Spencers and TopShop/TopMan.




The town itself is football crazy with William Webb Ellis's name splashed on every surface possible...including his own museum! Whatever doesn't carry the name Webb Ellis carries the name "Rugby School": one of the most prestigious and expensive private schools in the UK. The campus is huge and covers half the town with several buildings not even on the site but in the blocks and streets surrounding it.


Embarrassing fact: I saw this doorway into part of the school and it reminded me of the doorway from Weirdsister College (the follow up series to The Worst Witch). Turns out the filming took place at Cambridge University and not the Rugby School.



Whilst discovering the town centre I came across Drury Lane...which was fresh on my mind still from watching Shrek on the plane. Couldn't find the Muffin Man though!



Found an Australian Bar, but I'm not sure what it belongs to! Sadly there is only one night club in all of Rugby...what will I do with my Saturday nights? I will just have to go to the pub - Rugby has the most pubs per square mile in all of the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment