Friday 20 August 2010

Home Sweet Home...for now

Given that uni doesn't start until the end of September I needed a roof over my head before moving up onto campus. So I am currently residing in Bilton, Rugby, in the home of my Uncle Martin and Aunty Hilary. Matin and Hilary are kindly looking after me for a few weeks, making sure that I don't get lost, sold to gypsys or go hungry! They have a lovely home in the outskirts of a town called Rugby which, as the name suggests, is the birthplace of the sport. My trip into the city centre made it obvious that the tourism economy rides off the back of their love for the sport...and nothing else!

Their house is situated across from a very green and lovely park which has a constant stream of families going through and playing on during these last few weeks of summer. The house itself is half renovated at the moment (I should have packed my painting overalls) but has an incredible observatory at the back in typical English fashion. My room is the window in the middle!



At the back of their incredibly huge block of land Martin and Hilary are building their new home which they hope to move into sometime in the new year.



For the next few weeks this will be my home - sharing with Martin and Hilary, Simon (Hilary's son), Hannah (Hilary's daughter) and George (the cat)!


No comments:

Post a Comment