Tuesday 14 December 2010

Camden Markets

By Saturday 20th November I was joined by Liz, Kira and Jack and we all made our way out to see the infamous Camden Markets. It was confusing to find the actual markets as there were so many different areas that had street stalls set up. We ended up wandering around one of the largest market places called the Horse Stables. I managed to stumble across a piano tuning/teaching stand at the very back of the market. It had been over 2 months since I had played so it felt like home. The owner invited me back to practice whenever I want...he will be my new best friend!

When sourcing out some lunch we were faced with the dillema of what type of food we wanted, mainly Italian, Chinese or Indian were the big ones. What made matters worse was that we had to choose between the 1000 Italian places, 1000 Chinese places....you get the idea. It was absolutely crazy. All the Chinese food workers would lean over the buffet with samples on forks yelling at you "Darling, darling! Come try!" "Come try! Eat here darling". I almost felt like I was back in Mrs William's office at Wynnum State High...although even she doesn't say darling as much!

All in all a fun day and definately somewhere I would like to visit on my next trip down...









No comments:

Post a Comment