Saturday 23 October 2010

A regular Martha Stewart...without the tax fraud...and not a woman!

During the week Kira, Diyana, Liz, Calum and I got into the routine of cooking for each other. The meals progressively became more elaborate and, naturally, I was the last one to cook.

Not one to bow down from raising the bar, I personally feel that I outdid myself.

The menu for the evening was roast pork which I prepared with lemon and herbs (turns out I'm pretty good at scoring a pig) served with a potato and sweet potato bake, fresh carrots and steamed beans. I spent hours in the kitchen slaving over the meal and hours longer waiting for it too cook. Eventually it was done and to the satisfaction of everyone who shared it.

Mum would be proud...I purchased my first Pyrex dish (as if we don't have enough at home already!)

I tried to get Kangaroo steaks for everyone but the only place that sells them is a farmhouse 30mins out of town. Next time!

Disclaimer: no one was ill, injured, harmed or endangered before, during and/or after the process. It was good!


My beautiful pig!


Diyana carving it up.


The spread...we don't have fancy serving dishes.


My plate!


Happy diners :)


No comments:

Post a Comment